Himalaya Community Salvation Society (HIMS Nepal) is Non Government Organization (NGO) established in 2005. HIMS is implementing Dhading Disaster Response Program (DDRP) in partnership with the United Mission to Nepal (UMN) in Khaniyabas and Gangajamuna rural municipality (former Ree and Jharlang VDCs) to reconstruct community infrastructure and restore the livelihoods. Under DDRP program HIMS is implementing community infrastructure projects (Drinking Water Project, Trail Bridges Repair Project, Micro Hydropower Reconstruction Project and Learning Center Construction Project). For successful implementation of the community infrastructure reconstruction project HIMS is looking for a qualified and experienced Civil Engineer.
Job Title: Civil Engineer (Project Officer)
Job Location: Gangajamuna and Khaniyabas Rural Municipality (Former Ree and Jharlang VDCs of Dhading)
Length of Contract: Initial 1year with possibility of extension
Responsible to: Program Manager
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering/ 3 years of Diploma in Civil Engineering
- At least a year of working experiences in construction field after completion of bachelor degree or Five years experiences after Diploma in Engineering.
- Prepare and submit Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and budget estimation on constructionof school premises and facilities and of school Wash intervention as well, as per governmental guidelines when required.
- Knowledge of detail assessment, survey, designs, drawings of Building Construction and Community Water Supply Schemes.
- Knowledge and skill of Auto CAD and MS Office Package.
- Knowledge on disaster risk management, construction in rural areas will be an advantage.
- Experience on construction of steel truss type learning centers and WASH will be an advantage.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitor construction quality across construction sites based on National and International seismic resistant standards.
- Carry out activities based on approved plan and budget.
- Ensure construction safety.
- Design, drawing, estimation and scheduling of various construction works.
- Carry out the assessment survey and construction work in field as per approved drawing and estimation.
- Timely reporting of accomplished activities to Program Manager and update field condition accordingly.
- Maintain the Daily site report of construction work.
- Assist and assure the quality of construction materials during procurement and delivery.
- Management of manpower, materials and tools/equipment for effective construction work.
- Responsible for implementation and supervision of School construction WASH activities.
- Oversight the construction activities and schedules on the building contractor onsite as per the schedule.
- Interact with communities and educate them on construction quality standards, measures and practices.
Salaries and benefits will be according to HIMS-Nepal Standards.
Interested Nepali citizen are requested to forward their application and CV with expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 31st July 2017. Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted for selection process. The organization reserve the right to reject any/all application without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Human Resources Department
Himalaya Community Salvation Society (HIMS-Nepal)
Nilakantha Municipality-4 Dhading
Phone No. – 010-520623
२०७४ साउन ५ गते प्रकाशित